[Live-devel] Transport Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 1 02:47:23 PST 2007

>C:\Fresh Live555\live\testProgs>MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer FTN_Part1.ts
>Writing index file "FTN_Part1.tsx"......done
>
>After that it creat FTN_Part1.txs file of size 0KB.I can not understand what
>was happing.

The problem with your Transport Stream file is that each Program
Association Table (PAT) references more than one program (i.e.
includes more than one "program_map_PID"), and, because of this, our
indexing code does not know which program is the real one (i.e., the
one that contains your actual audio and video data).

For a Transport Stream file to be indexable, it should contain only
one program.