[Live-devel] Trick play on Amino 110

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 7 04:27:51 PST 2007

>I am able to stream an indexed transport stream with my amino box.
>but when I push ffwd or rewind, the image freezes. after pressing
>play again it becomes obvious that the video really forwarded (or
>rewinded) faster, the forwarding just wasn't visible.
>
>how comes that forwarding and rewinding aren't 'visible' to the user?

I'm not sure.  The only thing I can suggest is that perhaps the
higher bit rate of the 'trick play' streams (because, in such
streams, each frame is an I-frame) is overwhelming your set-top box
or (less likely) your network.

Assuming that you have sufficient network bandwidth (e.g., you're not
going through a 10 Mbps Ethernet switch), then the only thing I can
suggest is seeing if there is some way to increase your STB's input
buffering.  (Not being an expert on Amino STBs, however, I'm not sure
how/if you can do this.)