[Live-devel] Trick play on Amino 110

Gutenbrunner Martin martin.gutenbrunner at telekom.at
Thu Mar 8 01:50:12 PST 2007

>A reminder to people who may be having trouble getting Transport Stream
trick play to work with some clients: We provide a utility
>"testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" which generates - from an original
Transport Stream file plus index file - a new Transport Stream file that
contains the
>effect of 'fast forward' or 'reverse play' applied to the original
stream. This file will contain the exact same data that the server would
send if you had
>requested 'fast forward' or 'reverse play' from the client.

ok, tried that. the "accelerated" video stream (scale 3) plays correctly
on the amino box. I have scale in /mnt/nv/config.txt also set to 3.

that would mean that an unaccelerated stream should be fast forwarded
absolutely the same way as the output file from
testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay.exe, no?

>In general, though, note that this mailing list is *not* the right
place to be be complaining about problems with clients (unless, of
course, those clients use the
>"LIVE555 Streaming Media" software).  In particular, problems with the
Amino set-top boxes are best discussed on an Amino-related mailing list.
Live Networks,
>Inc. is not affiliated with Amino Technologies, and we don't know
enough about their hardware to debug it.

Sorry if you got the impression that I'm complaining about anything. The
fact that the box is working with ovs but not with live555 made me
believe that this would be the right place to ask questions.
Actually, I think it's really great work you accomplish, especially when
regarding the fact that your software is free.

So, complaining about anything really was the last thing I intended and
your help is very much appreciated.
I just thought it would be also of interest to you if your server was
able to handle a larger variety of clients. So if I can be of any help
to you in extending your software to work with amino (or adb, I also
work with ADB-3800TW but that box will be tested in a few days) clients,
I'd be really glad.

Thanks

martin