[Live-devel] Trick play on Amino 110

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 7 21:31:36 PST 2007

A reminder to people who may be having trouble getting Transport
Stream trick play to work with some clients: We provide a utility
"testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" which generates - from an
original Transport Stream file plus index file - a new Transport
Stream file that contains the effect of 'fast forward' or 'reverse
play' applied to the original stream. This file will contain the
exact same data that the server would send if you had requested 'fast
forward' or 'reverse play' from the client.

See
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html>
for more details.

Therefore, you can try streaming the resulting Transport Stream file
(without indexing) to the client, to see how the client handles it.
You may find this an easier way to debug your client.

In general, though, note that this mailing list is *not* the right
place to be be complaining about problems with clients (unless, of
course, those clients use the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software).
In particular, problems with the Amino set-top boxes are best
discussed on an Amino-related mailing list.  Live Networks, Inc. is
not affiliated with Amino Technologies, and we don't know enough
about their hardware to debug it.