[Live-devel] Need to stream wav files over RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 8 11:32:17 PST 2007

>Hi:
>I am developing a web application that has to be able to transmit wav
>files audio over RTP to a destination IP, where a Cisco IP Phone is
>ready
>to accept that RTP stream.

We have code, and applications (e.g., "testWAVAudioStreamer"
(multicast), "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (unicast) and
"live555MediaServer" (unicast) that will stream WAV file data via
RTP.  However, we do not yet have a SIP server implementation, so
it's not clear whether or not you will be able to use our code to
stream to an IP phone.

You will need to evaluate our code for yourself to figure this out.