[Live-devel] Frame Rate and (soft) real-time extensions

luca norm luc47654 at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 9 13:25:18 PST 2007

Hi,

I have noticed that in some classes, there's a
durationInMicroseconds var which appears as a
parameter but it is never set with a value different
than 0 (default). So, I ask: should I do my own
implementation for the frame rate control (using it in
doGetNextFrame())?
In addition, the variable above is "marked" for
microseconds: is this a tip for the implementation?
If so, in order to have the control of a task with
timing costraints in microseconds , should I add
(soft) Real Time extensions to my tasks (for example
RTAI or RTLinux)?
For example: if I want to make a streamer which
streams exactly at 25 fps, should i add these
extensions?

any help/info is greatly appreciated,

Luca