[Live-devel] Streaming MPEG2 TS with separate audio and video input

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 13 06:38:40 PDT 2007

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to stream (with rtsp) a transport stream of MPEG2 to an amino.
>It works well for single files muxed with video and audio (using the
>technique as for the onDemand-test-program, with a test.ts file). But
>I'd like to use one video file and one audio file. When using two
>instances of :
>sms->addSubsession(MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession::createNew(...));
>the players (amino, mplayer, vlc) dies or halts. Mplayer says it
>received two video streams.
>
>Is there a solution for how to accomplish this, or do I have to use
>pre-muxed single files?
>
>Note; The output stream needs to be bundled as a TS.

Yes, you can multiplex the input audio and video streams together
into a single Transport Stream, and stream that.  You would do this
using a subclass of "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" - e.g.,
"MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.hh".

For example, look at how the "wis-streamer" code
<http://www.live555.com/wis-streamer/> combines separate audio and
video sources into a single Transport Stream - see
"WISMPEG2TransportStreamServerMediaSubsession.cpp".