[Live-devel] H263+ streamer

Karthik lkml.list at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:44:14 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am looking to implement a H263+ streamer. I tried to implement the
streamer based on the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp file.

I did this by replacing the MPEG1or2 classes as H263plus classes (esp the
H263plusVideoRTPSink class). Is this right?

Now, I provide a video file encoded using an H263+ encoder as an input the
testH263plusVideoStreamer executable. I also built the receiver part of the
program by using the H263plusVideoRTPSource class. I stream the video (
video.263) file to the receiver and storethe received video.

When I check the file size, they are different. Also, the packet trace
generated provides an invalid packet of 3 bytes size at the beginning of the
stream. Is this a bug?

I also find that some of the header fields of some frames do not match the
original H263 stream. Is Live modifying the headers or
omitting some (GOB headers)?

If anyone else has come across this problem please let me know.

TIA,
Karthik