[Live-devel] H263+ streamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 13 18:25:03 PDT 2007

>I am looking to implement a H263+ streamer. I tried to implement the
>streamer based on the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp file.
>
>I did this by replacing the MPEG1or2 classes as H263plus classes
>(esp the H263plusVideoRTPSink class). Is this right?

Yes.

>Now, I provide a video file encoded using an H263+ encoder as an
>input the testH263plusVideoStreamer executable. I also built the
>receiver part of the program by using the H263plusVideoRTPSource
>class. I stream the video ( video.263) file to the receiver and
>storethe received video.
>
>When I check the file size, they are different. Also, the packet
>trace generated provides an invalid packet of 3 bytes size at the
>beginning of the stream. Is this a bug?

Perhaps.  Some of the H.263 code - specifically,
"H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp",
"H263plusVideoStreamFramer.cpp" and "H263plusVideoStreamParser.cpp" -
was written by a 3rd party, and I have not had time to review it in
detail myself.  So it's conceivable that there might be a bug there
(or perhaps in some of the other H.263-related code).

>I also find that some of the header fields of some frames do not
>match the original H263 stream. Is Live modifying the headers or
>omitting some (GOB headers)?

I don't know.  Unfortunaetly you're going to have to track this down
yourself, by reviewing the source code, and RFC 2429, which it
implements.