[Live-devel] doEventLoop watch variable

Engin Kurutepe kurutepe at nue.tu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 14 06:01:04 PDT 2007

Dear Ross,

I want to implement stream switching in my RTSP client. So after I start
streaming by doEventLoop(watch), I understand I can interrupt the loop
by setting *watch=1.

My idea is to use a separate control thread to watch for keyboard
inputs, which will set the watch variable. If the event loop is
interrupted streams will be switched and another doEventLoop(watch) to
keep streaming.

My question is how are the scheduled tasks affected when the event loop
is interrupted. Are they unscheduled or do they continue unaffected
after the loop resumes?

Thanks a lot,
Engin.