[Live-devel] Fw: Implementing RTP streaming from live source /multithreading issues/

Kamil kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Mar 15 05:27:29 PDT 2007

From: kamil
To: live-devel at lists.live555.com
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:17 AM
Subject: Implementing RTP streaming from live source /multithreading issues/

I have following problem. I have to implement RTP server, which streams the
data from video capture board and on the other side I have to implement RTP
client which receives and decodes that stream. The problem is how to notify
server thread that a new video frame is available for streaming ? My capture
board delivers frames in separate threads ( I have the same problem on the
client side. LiveMedia runs in separate thread but I need to connect,
disconnect and invoke PLAY,PAUSE from main GUI thread ) I searched through
list archives but found only some ugly-hacks with setting bool variable and
checking it when select timeouts. I need more efficient solution, because
I'm going to stream up to 400fps from twenty or more cameras ( it can be
also a one camera at 1fps ). Is there any other solution eg. dummy socket or
changing all sockets to WSAEventSelect() ( I'm running it on Windows ) ?
Anybody tried it ?
Please help ...

Thank you in advance
Kamil