[Live-devel] Query for Live555 forum

Susovan Ghosh susovan at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Mar 16 03:59:31 PDT 2007

 Hi all,

        We are using Live 555 Streaming Media Server to stream MPEG2 TS to
the set toop box as client.
        We have one Multiple Program Transport Stream which can be streamed
without any problem to the set top box.
        Also it was not possible to generate .tsx for such a file to support
Trick Play.
        So we converted to it to the SPTS and generated .tsx for that which
is greater than 0 bytes..
        With that stream we are able to stream VLC as a client fine.
        But for the same stream to stream to the set top box its giving
glitches and giving blurred video and sometimes it will not start
        decoding, and still server is streaming.I can not under stand the
problem.
       1)Is it a problem with bit or fram rate miss match or buffer(our STB
buffer size 7*188).
       2) Is there any way to control bit or fram rate to resolve it?
       3)Can we control rate of streaming from server side or configure the
server?
       4)any other solution can be for this?

       Thank You.

SUSOVAN GHOSH