[Live-devel] Query for Live555 forum

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 18 00:48:42 PDT 2007

>         With that stream we are able to stream VLC as a client fine.
>         But for the same stream to stream to the set top box its giving
>glitches and giving blurred video and sometimes it will not start
>         decoding, and still server is streaming.I can not under stand the
>problem.
>        1)Is it a problem with bit or fram rate miss match or buffer(our STB
>buffer size 7*188).

7*188 bytes (probably) the size of a network *packet*, not the amount
of memory buffering available at your STB client - which should (I
hope) be much larger than this

>        2) Is there any way to control bit or fram rate to resolve it?
>        3)Can we control rate of streaming from server side or configure the
>server?

No - the server streams the Transport Stream data at its natural
rate.  (How could it do anything different??)  If you want to stream
at a lower bit rate, you will need to reencode your Transport Stream
to use a lower bit rate.

Because VLC plays your stream OK, the problem is with your STB
client, so you will need to ask the manufacturer of this client for
help.