[Live-devel] Streaming non-standard JPEGs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 21 06:19:32 PDT 2007

>I have few cameras which send MJPEG stream over HTTP. I would like to
>restream these frames over RTP.
>Unfortunately, JPEG images do not correspond to RFC2435 (they have non
>standard tables).

RFC 2435 - and our sending/receiving implementation
("JPEGVideoRTPSink"/"JPEGVideoRTPSource") - *does* support
non-standard quantization tables (they are included in JPEG header in
the RTP packet).

To stream such a source, you must implement a subclass of
"JPEGVideoSource" class, and, in particular - because you have
non-standard quantization tables - implement the
"quantizationTables()" virtual function.