[Live-devel] Streaming non-standard JPEGs

Maxim Petrov max at code-it-now.com
Wed Mar 21 08:16:17 PDT 2007

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>RFC 2435 - and our sending/receiving implementation
>("JPEGVideoRTPSink"/"JPEGVideoRTPSource") - *does* support
>non-standard quantization tables (they are included in JPEG header in
>the RTP packet).
>
>To stream such a source, you must implement a subclass of
>"JPEGVideoSource" class, and, in particular - because you have
>non-standard quantization tables - implement the
>"quantizationTables()" virtual function.

Thanks, Ross. But unfortune, it does not solve problem. Because I must
use same qtables on both server and client side. But as I said I have
several cameras which send JPEGs with different qtables :(
So as I understand:
1) I need some way to inform client what qtables need to use to generate
frames;
2) I need to send to client JPEG frames as is. Then client will not add
qtables to frame.