[Live-devel] Streaming non-standard JPEGs

Maxim Petrov max at code-it-now.com
Tue Mar 27 05:02:38 PDT 2007

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>No - streaming your files using RFC 2435 is OK.  "Likely to remain
>fixed" doesn't mean "must remain fixed".  As long as you include the
>quantization tables in the RTP packets, it should be OK that they
>change.

Thanks a lot! I finally got it working!
As to additional information what I wanted to send within JPEG frame. I
noticed that if send comment after Qtables it does not work (decoder
could not parse frame), but if send comment before EOI (end of image) it
works fine, VLC and Qtime players can play this frames. I'm not sure if
this solution is completely correct and does not break JPEG bitstream
format, but I did not find another way.