[Live-devel] Streaming non-standard JPEGs

Paolo Prete p4olo_prete at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 23 14:28:15 PDT 2007

> Today I noticed, that my JPEG files have different
> Huffman tables.
> RFC 2435, which says:
> "While parameters like Huffman tables and color
> space are likely to
> remain fixed for the lifetime of the video stream,
> other parameter
> should be allowed to vary...."
>
> This means I cannot stream these files using RFC
> 2435. Right?

You can stream the video also with non-standard
Huffman tables.
Notice that non-standard quantization tables have to
be included in the Quantization Table header (see RFC
2435 paragraph 3.1.8) and they are associated to a Q
factor between 128 and 255 (notice too that livemedia
(great) libs have support for this).

Hope this can help you (I have had the same "problem"
and I've solved it in the way descripted above).
Otherwise i'll try to give more detailed instruction

Paolo