[Live-devel] bytestreamFileSource, doGetNextFrame, and events

Jay Furmanek jayfurmanek at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:13:33 PDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to build a H264VideoStreamFramer subclass to read from a raw
.h264 file with the annexB delimeters. The Framer will remove the
delimeters.

I've learned from other posts that I need to implement a doGetNextFrame
function.
 I wanted to read the file asynchronously and have the doGetNextFrame
function just do a turnOnBackgroundReadHandling() on the file socket so when
the next frame is ready to be processed, the event loop will kick me into a
handler(deliverFrame) each time. The problem is, I dont have access to the
file descriptor to tell the event loop about it.

 I've got the H264FileServerMediaSubsession class built and he sends in a
byteStreamFileSource object to the H264VideoStreamFramerRaw class, and the
byteStreamFileSource object has the file descriptor, but it's protected and
there are no ways to get at it by using any of the byteStreamFileSource
methods.

I want to be able to read in the file a byte at a time so I can detect and
discard the NAL delimiter.
I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

-jay