[Live-devel] MPEG2 ps media information

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 3 06:23:47 PDT 2007

>        I am using Live555 streaming server MPEG2 PS to Set top box.
>
>        This may not be the proper place for my question.
>
>        I am dumping the contents which are sent to client on the server
>side.
>
>        I observed that response for describe is sent as m= video with PT=32
>and for audio PT=14.
>
>        But when the actual data is sent in RTP header Payload Type for video
>i am getting correctly.
>
>        But for audio i am not getting as PT=14 which has to be 14.
>
>        i am getting dynamic payload types for some packets.

That should not be happening, if you are streaming from a Program
Stream file (and have not modified our source code).  When streaming
from a Program Stream file, you should be seeing RTP Payload Type
codes 32 and 14 only.

Please run "openRTSP -V" on your stream, and send us the console
output, so we can take a look at it.