[Live-devel] MPEG2 ps media information

Vinod Madhav Joshi vinodjoshi at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu May 3 05:51:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

       I am using Live555 streaming server MPEG2 PS to Set top box.

       This may not be the proper place for my question.

       I am dumping the contents which are sent to client on the server
side.

       I observed that response for describe is sent as m= video with PT=32
and for audio PT=14.

       But when the actual data is sent in RTP header Payload Type for video
i am getting correctly.

       But for audio i am not getting as PT=14 which has to be 14.

       i am getting dynamic payload types for some packets.

       i want to know whether periodic SDP packets are  used to dynamically
specify media information.

       Anybody knows about this?

       Or what should i refer to get the basics of this.

       Thanking You.