[Live-devel] please help me !

Gustaf Räntilä opera at kth.se
Tue May 8 01:37:46 PDT 2007

Hoang Nguyen Vi Cam Violon wrote:
> */Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>/* wrote:
>
>     >When I build the lab as above, The client always show the error
>     >"Unable to determine our source address. This computer has an
>     >invalid IP address : 0x0"
>
>     That error usualy means that IP multicast is not configured properly
>     on your OS.
>
>     Also, note that the IP addresses in a "rtsp://" URLs is the IP
>     address of the *server*, not the client.
>     --
>
>     Ross Finlayson
>     Live Networks, Inc.
>     http://www.live555.com/
>

> I'm just a beginner. I really don't understand that why we need an IP
> multicast here.
> As I understand :
>     - I have a RTSP (live555) server at (192.168.27.73) and it listen
> on all interfaces (0.0.0.0:8554).
>     - I have a RTSP client (VLC) at (192.168.27.235) and request for
> the media on server : rtsp://192.168.27.73:8554/cow.mpg
> As above : the server and client must see each other. And in the log,
> client has contacted with sever, and sent the SETUP & PLAY commands.
> But the stream hasn't been transported. Client sent TEARDOWN after 10s
> because it didn't receive any data.
> Both of them show error : "Unable to determine our source address.
> This computer has an invalid IP address : 0x0".
>
> Please help me to find out my error.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Cam Hoang.
>

> Sincerely,
> Cam Hoang

Well,

It's hard to know if it's your fault, or liveMedia's (both are very
reasonable), but a temporary solution would be to force liveMedia only
to listen on your IP and not 0.0.0.0. To fix this, edit the file
groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp.
Around line 34 you have definitions for what IP to listen on. INADDR_ANY
is the default (0.0.0.0). Change INADDR_ANY to 1226549440 which is your
server's IP number.

Gustaf