[Live-devel] bytestreamFileSource, doGetNextFrame, and events

Jay Furmanek jayfurmanek at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:13:41 PDT 2007

Hi all,

 I'm seeing a couple odd problems when streaming files. I wanted to see if
maybe anyone has seem something similar before.

I'm streaming h.264 video from a file that just has 3-byte delimiters btw
NAL units (AnnexB). I wrote a Framer and custom H264ByteStreamFileSource
objects to get the data in one NALu at a time. The custom FileSource object
reads until it hits a delimiter, and the framer keeps track of access units
end points.

oddity 1: sometime I get a bye packet that will cut off the stream midway. I
can most of the time get the whole file written back out using openRTSP, but
often it will stop early - not sure why. (it's a little more reliable if it
use openRTSP with the TCP option)

oddity 2: I tried playing the stream with VLC and while it decoded and
displayed the first few frame, I got a bunch of 'late picture skipped'
errors after that it was stuck displaying the first frame.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this before? Could it be related to how I'm
setting the timestamps?

Thanks!