[Live-devel] bytestreamFileSource, doGetNextFrame, and events

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 10 20:18:12 PDT 2007

>oddity 1: sometime I get a bye packet that will cut off the stream
>midway. I can most of the time get the whole file written back out
>using openRTSP, but often it will stop early - not sure why. (it's a
>little more reliable if it use openRTSP with the TCP option)

"openRTSP" should send back a RTCP "BYE" packet only after it thinks
it has reached the end of the stream - and this can happen only if
you specify the 'end time' of the stream, either explicitly (using
the "-e <endTime>" option to openRTSP), or implicitly (by an end time
appearing in the SDP "t=" line).  So if you're not specifying an end
time for your stream, I don't see how your server can be getting a
RTCP "BYE" packet.

>oddity 2: I tried playing the stream with VLC and while it decoded
>and displayed the first few frame, I got a bunch of 'late picture
>skipped' errors after that it was stuck displaying the first frame.

Are you setting "fPresentationTime" and "fDurationInMicroseconds"
correctly in your 'framer' class?