[Live-devel] Using live555 as the RTSP streaming library

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 14 10:30:27 PDT 2007

>I think vlc depends os live555 as it rtp transport.

Only when it is *receiving* RTP packets.  If you are using VLC to
*send* RTP packets, then it currently does not use the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" software.

It wasn't clear (to me) from your description whether you are using
VLC to receive RTP packets, or to send them.  In any case, questions
about VLC should really be sent to a VLC mailing list...

>My question is why the payload type is 96? If that is the case, how
>can the client decode this RTP packet?

 From a "a=rtpmap:" line in the SDP description.