[Live-devel] Streaming Speed Limited for HD files?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 16 14:09:08 PDT 2007

>I have a Live 555 media server up and running, and am using openRTSP
>to stream a video file from it.  The video file in question is a 2
>MB/sec high definition transport stream mpg file, but the data only
>comes in at a maximum data rate of about .95 MB/sec.

Are you seeing any significant packet loss?  I.e., after you've
recorded your stream using "openRTSP", and then play the recorded
stream, does it show any (significant) data loss?

If not, then please post the URL of one of your video files, so we
can download it and test it for ourselves.

If, however, you *are* seeing significant packet loss, then the
problem might be that you have a network or switch somewhere that's
limited to 10 Mbps.