[Live-devel] Read multiple frames?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 27 15:17:45 PDT 2007

>All the above functions get porperly called when I start the
>program, but the problem is that the ffmpeg decoder does not get
>enough data when the MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource::getNextFrame() is just
>called one time. size == 0 in this case but the frame can't be
>completely decoded. numBytesRead is between 700 and 1500 Bytes every
>time (seems too small imho). How do I obtain more data from the
>Source until I can decode one frame? Shouldn't
>MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource deliver exactly ONE VIDEO FRAME?

Yes, it does.  However, don't forget that some video frames are
P-frames or B-frames - i.e., much smaller than an I-frame.  Also, I
suspect that 4096 bytes is nowhere near enough space to store all
incoming MPEG-1 or 2 frames - especially I-frames.  I suggest
increasing this to 50 kB or 100 kB, to be on the safe side.