[Live-devel] Read multiple frames?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun May 27 15:48:20 PDT 2007

>Shouldn't MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource deliver exactly ONE VIDEO FRAME?

I stand corrected.  Reviewing the code once again, I'm reminded that
"MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource" does not deliver complete video 'frames',
but instead delivers complete MPEG video headers, and complete
'slices'.  (The reason for this is to allow clever decoders that (due
to packet loss) happen to receive some, but not all slices within a
video frame to display something reasonable.)

Therefore, if you are feeding input from a "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource"
into a decoder, and your decoder is not smart enough to decode one
slice at a time, then you must aggregate the input data into complete
video frames before feeding them to your decoder.