[Live-devel] SeqNo

homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed May 30 02:17:28 PDT 2007

>>But I can not know if there are multiple frames
>>lost or just one. If I could know how many RTPpackets each frame is
>>composed on at live level it would be enough to find out how many frames
>>were lost.
>
> As you noted, the "RTPSource" abstraction delivers complete 'frames'.
> (However, the term 'frames' is somewhat of a misnomer, because they
> do not always correspond to entire video frames - e.g., for MPEG-1 or
> 2, it delivers complete 'slices'; for H.264, it delivers complete NAL
> units).  The number of RTP packets that made up each frame is
> (deliberately) not exposed outside the "RTPSource" interface.  Data
> receivers (e.g., audio or video decoders) should not care about this
> information.

Is there any posibility to access this information (the sequence numbers
that make up each frame) from mplayer without modifying any live source
code(Iterator from RTPReceptionStats from private to public or similar
modifications will not be allowed)? Because I want the player to be
compatible with any version of live. I need this information at mplayer
level to replace the lost frames with no change frames. But first I need
to identify the lost packages.