[Live-devel] MPEG1or2VideoReceiver+DarwinInjector

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 5 21:47:59 PST 2007

>Thanks Ross that is very insightful and realized what I really wanted
>to process is a Program Stream. I could use the testOnDemandRTSPServer
>or testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer as my simulated stream source
>instead of MPEG1or2VideoStreamer. However I could not seem to find a
>counterpart example the receiver code.

MPEG Program Streams are streamed - via RTP - as two separate RTP
streams: one for video; one for audio.  Receiviing clients (such as
"openRTSP" or "VLC") will receive each of these streams separately.
There is currently no support in our libraries for combining these
incoming Elementary Streams into a new Program Stream.  Sorry.