[Live-devel] Very slow playback of Transport Stream

Augenstein, Andrew E Andrew.E.Augenstein at boeing.com
Thu Nov 8 15:26:14 PST 2007

Using either VLC or an inhouse decoder/client, we make an RTSP play
request to the server for playback of a file at normal (1x) speed. We
have a variety of compliant transport streams, and for most of them, the
playback is extremely slow.
With live555mediaserver version 0.15 we see the first frame immediately,
and then very slow updates.
With live555mediaserver version 0.18 the first frame is delayed, and
then very slow updates.
The bit rate for both is less then a half a megabit per second for a 10
megabit/second transport stream.

Playback of the same files using VLC or the inhouse decoder/client from
a harddrive results in appropriate/normal playback.

Any suggestions?