[Live-devel] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 15 06:22:15 PST 2007

>Hi,
>
>1) I'm a "streaming" fan and a newbie. When I ran your 555 media
>server, It apparently is streaming from 192.168.86.1. Is this a dhcp
>assigned address?

This depends upon your OS.  But it is (in your case) an IP address
for your computer's network interface.

>  I haven't had a chance to browse thru the code yet. Is it using
>default rtp port (I think 5000 or something)?

The server uses port numbers starting at 6970.  (RTP port numbers are
even; RTCP port numbers are odd.)

>2) When I ran genWindowsMakefiles from command prompt after pointing
>TOOLS32 to vc directory(VC 8, express edition), it was showing some
>errors like
>Makefile.tail
>Could Not Find C:\Temp\live\mediaServer\Makefile
>Makefile.head.

Did you "cd" to the "live" directory beforehand (as described in the
online documentation)?