[Live-devel] RTSPServer Authentication: Basic

Nicola Bova - Redsk niki at redsk.net
Wed Nov 21 18:21:29 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm implementing a streamer server and I've defined my own
sublass of "RTSPServer" to get a custom behavior.
Now I'm managing authentication and I have to implement a Basic auth
("Authentication: Basic" instead of "Authentication: Digest") in
order to support a legacy client.

Which is the cleanest way to implement such a thing?
Digging into the code I found out that the digest auth is managed in

Boolean RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::authenticationOK
	(char const* cmdName, char const* cseq, char const* fullRequestStr)

so I'm wondering if I should redefine a subclass of "RTSPClientSession"
with a redefined "authenticationOK()" (which is not virtual...) or there
is a better solution.

Thanks a lot
	Niki