[Live-devel] MultiFrameRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds to buffer client ......

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 22 08:40:39 PST 2007

>As you can see in previous mail, my problem is only at the beginning
>received Jpeg frame.
>This is because the size of frame is more than 65535 and after that
>vlc auto adjust it.

Yes, VLC is working correctly here.  If you want to change the
initial limit of 65535, you will need to modify VLC.

>The question is how can i fragment correctly a packet size less than 65535 ?

Our code *already* correctly fragments JPEG framesn into multiple RTP
packets.  (Note that RTP packets are typically about 1500 bytes -
i.e., much smaller than your JPEG frames.)  The problem you're seeing
is that you are losing some of these RTP packets - which usually
means that the receiving client will discard the entire JPEG frame.

As I said before, JPEG is a poor codec to be using for streaming video.