[Live-devel] Can I use mplayer to capture a video stream from wis-stream to a file?

Race Vanderdecken brickyard at codetyrant.com
Fri Nov 30 11:46:18 PST 2007

Greetings,

	I am trying to use wis-streamer to produce an RTSP video stream that i
can capture using mplayer.

	I can use mplayer to capture the audio but not the video.

	./wis-streamer

	mplayer -vo null -vc null -ao pcm:file=audio.wav
rtsp://192.168.0.20:8554

	Audio capture is perfect.

	I can capture video to a file successfully using openRTSP but it would
be nice to use one less program.

	I can successfully use mplayer to capture some rtsp streams such as:
 mplayer -dumpstream
rtsp://ravi.br-online.de:5050/ravi/alpha/centauri/v/041027.rm -dumpfile
x.rm

So I know mplayer can capture the video.

	Any thoughts?
	do i need more options for the wis-streamer start?

Race Vanderdecken
Code Tyrant
Somewhere near Asheville