[Live-devel] RTP-over-TCP streaming

Noam Camiel noamatari at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 17:10:25 PDT 2007

Hello

I have a problem when accessing live server's stream  using RTP-over-TCP as opposed to UDP.

I have used the testOnDemandRTSPServer example to play a stream of of mpeg4 encodered frames (elementary stream) and was successful with both VLC and Quicktime as well as RealPlayer, using unicast UDP.

But when I try to connect to the server via TCP (RTP over TCP), the video is played for a short time and then stops (with a reports - due to a network problem).  This short time duration can be anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes.

Which is the right way to stream RTP over TCP? Should I use a different example from live than testOnDemandRTSPServer?

Thanks,
Noam Camiel