[Live-devel] testMPEG4VideoStreamer - Debug Assertion Failed!

Christopher Shumway cshumway at airvisual.com
Thu Oct 4 07:55:48 PDT 2007

Greetings,

I am working with VS 2005 on Windows XP and I can the
testMPEG4VideoStreamer program to compile.  However, when I run it from
a command line I receive an error message (in the form of a pop-up)
which reads, "Debug Assertion Failed!".  In debugging the code, I
believe I am having difficulty "joining a socket group".  I can debug
the code to the following point, at which time it drops into the "failed
to join group" error.

Groupsock::Groupsock(UsageEnvironment& env, struct in_addr const&
groupAddr,

                 Port port, u_int8_t ttl)

  : OutputSocket(env, port),

    deleteIfNoMembers(False), isSlave(False),

    fIncomingGroupEId(groupAddr, port.num(), ttl), fDests(NULL),
fTTL(ttl) {

  addDestination(groupAddr, port);

if (!socketJoinGroup(env, socketNum(), groupAddr.s_addr)) {

    if (DebugLevel >= 1) {

      env << *this << ": failed to join group: "

        << env.getResultMsg() << "\n";

    }

  }

BTW - I do have this compiled (along with the 555 Live Media Server) and
working fine on a Linux (Red Hat) box.  I can access the test stream
using VLC on my Windows PC which is on the same network as the Linux
box.

Thanx!

Chris