[Live-devel] reading from MPEG encoder

Karlov Andrey kan at pisem.net
Thu Oct 4 14:36:12 PDT 2007

Hello Ross!

In have read (in FAQ) about streaming live video from MPEG encoder
(represents as a file in file system).

It work fine for about several hours, but then encoder fails and
notifies what it's buffer overflow because programm read from buffer not
so fast (not enough fast).

I have tried to read from encoder without MPEG2TransportStreamFramer, it
works without decoder error, but too many TS packets sends to the
network for once, VLC can't handle it show artifacts sometimes.

How can I correctly change durationInMicroseconds to read from encoder
bit faster, but not so fast to cause block live555 program while waiting
readed bytes?

Can you help me to solve this problem?

I'm very thankfull to your help!

Sorry for awful English =)