[Live-devel] reading from MPEG encoder

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 4 16:14:51 PDT 2007

>I have tried to read from encoder without MPEG2TransportStreamFramer, it
>works without decoder error, but too many TS packets sends to the
>network for once, VLC can't handle it show artifacts sometimes.

To overcome this, you need to accumulate 7 Transport Stream packets
at a time (i.e., 7*188 bytes == 1316 bytes at a time), before passing
the data to the "RTPSink".  This will generate much larger packets,
but not so large as to cause IP-level fragmentation.

Because you're reading from a live source - and not a file - you
don't need to set "fDurationInMicroseconds", because - even without
it - you won't deliver be delivering the data faster than its natural
rate.