[Live-devel] Up and down stream in a RTSP session

Alvin Cheung alvin.cheung at TeleEye.com
Wed Oct 10 02:35:00 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I'm implementing a server client program using live555 as server and vlc player as client to stream audio (adpcm) signal.  The down audio stream (server to client) is working perfectly that I can hear live audio from the server side's mic.  The next step, up stream audio (client to server),  is really give me headache.
I would like to ask if it is possible to use the same RTSP session and add the up stream for the system? I'm absolutely lost that I don't even know how the RTSP and RTP standard protocol work in this scenario.  Can you please give me some hint where to start?

Thank you,

Alvin