[Live-devel] Amino STB FF stutter / delay

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Oct 10 15:29:39 PDT 2007

Have you reviewed earlier mail-list inqueries regarding Amino STB and
trick play?  This mail list does not support Amino, specifically. As I
recall, Live Networks just happens to have 1 Amino STB sitting around the
lab.  Your troubles with Amino STB might need to be directed to the
manufacturer.

It is possible that nobody currently monitoring the list knew the answer
to your problem.  You asked if anyone faced this problem before -
personally, I don't recall seeing this specific problem cross the list
recently.  Ross is very good about responding to questions that are
specific to the LIVE555 source or interactions between LIVE555 test
applications.  Unfortunately, your problem relates to interaction between
Amino and LIVE555, with the problem most likely caused on the Amino end.
If my memory serves, Amino STB users have had many struggles with Amino
and its compatibility with trick-play streams.

I recommend that you search the mail list archive for other Amino-related
posts and then contact the manufacturer if you don't get any leads from
the archives.  I also suggest that you download and use VLC client to test
whether or not you have a similar problem there.  My guess is, probably
you won't.  if you're able to capture the plain-text RTSP messages being
sent between LIVE555 and Amino STB, you could post those to the list for
examination.

You'll also want to note, posting the same question too many times will
get you banned.

live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com wrote on 10/08/2007 11:18:55 AM:

> Hi Ross and other active friends,
> This is second time I am writing this email but I got no answer in my
first
> attempt. Thought every body is busy. The trouble I have is with Trick
Play
> using Amino 110 and Live555. I am using ts / tsx but I can see a 10-15
> second stuttering and soft of delay while I am doing FF and then Play.
does