[Live-devel] Push (instead of Pull) to custom DeviceSource

Chad Ata Chad_Ata at Brightcom.com
Thu Oct 11 17:39:54 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm writing my own framed MPEG DeviceSource. I would like to be able to
Push MPEG data rather than have scheduled (Pull) data queries.

Currently my code looks something like:
void DeviceSource::doGetNextFrame()
{
      if( available )
            deliverFrame();
      else
            envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(0,
(TaskFunc*)FramedSource::afterGetting, this);
}

void DeviceSource::deliverFrame()
{
      FramedSource::afterGetting(this);
}

I'd like to just call doGetNextFrame() at my own pace when I have data
ready for it. Is it possible to prevent afterGetting(...) from calling
doGetNextFrame when it's done??

Is this possible given the Live555 architecture? Do I need to override some
functions in FramedSource?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

-Chad