[Live-devel] About OPENRSTP with -t -c -e 5

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 11 14:07:16 PDT 2007

>For test the new function , I needed to send a "PLAYING" again after
>the first "PLAYING"

You mean "PLAY", of course...

>but, UDP have data loss. therefore, I try to use TCP.

You have run into a known limitation of the current RTSP server code.
If RTP-over-TCP streaming is used, then the server will not be able
to handle any RTSP commands after the initial "PLAY" command.

With regular, RTP-over-UDP, streaming, there is no such problem.  In
this case, you can send as many "PLAY" (and "PAUSE") requests as you
like.