[Live-devel] RTP-over-TCP streaming (Noam Camiel)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 22 14:50:13 PDT 2007

>I'd appreciate any input on the meaning of the session timeout
>field, its recommended value (80?).

This is not relevant to our implementation, because our server also
uses RTCP "RR" packets - coming from the client - as a keep-alive,
and clients (including ours) send those far more frequently than once
every 80 seconds.

If you have a client that is properly sending back RTCP "RR" packets,
then our server should not time out the stream, for either UDP or TCP
streams.