[Live-devel] LIVE555 Media Server - Reg

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 22 15:03:48 PDT 2007

>I am looking for streaming of MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream file
>I have few queries regarding this please help me in this regard.
>
>1. Can i able to make fast forward or fast backward of the Stream ?

Our server implementation does not (yet) support 'trick play'
operations on MPEG-4 files.

For a list of file types for which server 'trick play' operations are
supported, see <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#trick-play>

>2. If so how should this be done either at the client side or at the
>server side ?

Such an implementation would be done at the server side (see
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#trick-mode>)