[Live-devel] RTP-over-TCP streaming (Noam Camiel)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 25 11:42:23 PDT 2007

As I have noted in the past (several times now), the issue with the
server handling incoming RTSP commands (after the initial "PLAY"), if
RTP-over-TCP streaming is used, is a known problem.  When this is
solved, I will let this mailing list know.

In the meantime, if you want to use RTP-over-TCP streaming with our
server, then you should *not* send RTSP commands as 'keep alive'
indicators.  Instead, you *must* send RTCP "RR" packets.  Note that
RTCP is a *mandatory* part of the RTP specification, so if your
client does not send RTCP "RR" packets, then it is not in compliance
with the standard, and you cannot expect a standards-compliant server
to work with it.