[Live-devel] open session ciclically

Sigismondo Boschi s.boschi at totalwire.it
Mon Oct 29 03:26:54 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

many thanks for your fast reply.

> I'm not really sure what's going wrong here, but you might try adding
> the "-O" option, which tells the application not to send the
> "OPTIONS" command at all?
I have already tried not to send OPTIONS at all, but it fails to create
a new session, also caching SDP from the first session. On the other
side I do expect that closing the session, it should open a new one, and
a new TCP socket on the RTSP socket. That's does not happend, I have
checked the opened ports too: no more ports opened after the teardown.

All the rtsp commands try probably to go to the old closed session.

Here some details - if you have the patience to give me some more help...

I have registered a delayed task ("this" of RTSPCamera, part of our
application):
	timerToken = scheduler->scheduleDelayedTask(10000000, timerTask, this);

That is:
void RTSPCamera::timerTask(void *data) {
   RTSPCamera *rtspCamera = (RTSPCamera*) data;
   rtspCamera->rtspClient->teardownMediaSession(*rtspCamera->session);
}

the bye handler that get invoked, shuts down the sessions and tries to
restart:

void RTSPCamera::SubsessionByeHandler(void *data) {
	RTSPCamera *rtspCamera = (RTSPCamera*) data;

	Medium::close(rtspCamera->subsession->sink);
	rtspCamera->subsession->sink=0;
	Medium::close(rtspCamera->session);
	rtspCamera->start();
}

Where the start() method contains all the needed steps: OPTIONS, SDP,
Sesion::CreateNew.... and is the method called to start the first session.

When start() issues the firts RTSP command, it fails, and
env->getResultMsg() returns:
"No such file or directory"

Should it be correct, or am I doing something absolutely wrong?

> Alternatively, you could just run "openRTSP" multiple times - without
> the "-c" option - from a script.
Yes, our workaround is like this in this moment, but for our context we
need it to be a self contained executable as much as possible, in order
to minimize the gap between the streams.

Many thanks again.

Regards,

    Sigismondo

Sigismondo Boschi, PhD                     TotalWire S.r.l.
s.boschi at totalwire.it                      http://www.totalwire.it