[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle

Alkassoum Ahmoud aahmoud at paraxip.com
Mon Oct 29 10:26:32 PDT 2007

Hi,

I’m writing a sip media server application on windows and i’m using live555
media library.

My application is composed of two main parts:

-          A SIP server which answers request for sip incoming call

-          And An rtsp client which sends rtsp requests to live555 streaming
server

To test the robustness of my application i’m doing load tests (on windows
2000 server) with multiple concurrent calls (up to 100 concurrent calls).
For each call there is an rtsp client created which opens a session with the
live555 streaming server in order to stream a specific .wav file.

Unfortunately, i’m facing the same problem as Ritesh Mittal. When the number
o rtsp clients reaches approximatively 30, the live555 streaming server
failed to response. But the CPU usage of the streaming server remains
nominal (about 10%). I’ve tried my application with Darwin streaming server
as rtsp server and it works perfectly (i.e i’m able to connect up to 200
concurrent calls without any problem). But i can’t use Darwin streaming
server as rtsp server because it doesn’t support .wav files streaming and i
need to be able to stream .wav files (which the reason why i’ve chosen
live555 streaming server).

So i want to know if finally you’ve resolved Ritesh Mittal’s problem and if
so how?? What is the maximum number of clients connections live555 can
handle?? Can you explain me why does the live555 streaming server fails to
response when the number of clients connections reaches approximativelly
30??

Best regards

Alkassoum

Checked by AVG Free Edition.