[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle

Alkassoum Ahmoud aahmoud at paraxip.com
Tue Oct 30 13:54:50 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Your where right. My problem was due to an windows OS limitation on the
number of sockets that can be open at any one time. On windows the
FD_SETSIZE parameter have a default value of 64, so with that default value,
the server can only handle 64/2 = 32 clients at the same time ( 2 sockets
per client). So to solve my problem i only had to increase the FD_SETSIZE
parameter.

Thanks for your help

Alkassoum