[Live-devel] RTSP server application start time parameter

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 29 11:09:35 PDT 2007

>-With only one MPEG2TS file using the testOnDemandRTSPserver :
>	Is it possible to define some "chapter"
>in one film in order to separate the film by
>using the time as begining for each part.
>	ie. I have one film (running time
>2hours), I would like to split it in 4 rtsp
>chapter of 30minutes without creating 4
>different TS files.
>	For one film I will have 4 rtsp URL that
>I can call one by one to have the complete film.

This might be a nice feature to add in sometime
the future, but, for now at least, it is not
supported.

However, you could get the same effect by
creating separate TS files (and thus, separate
URLs) for each 'chapter', but retain a copy of
the whole file for those clients who wish to
access the entire stream.

>-With aminet 110 STB using trickplay, when i try
>the fast forward or reverse play, well it worksŠ
>but I would like to know if it is "normal" to
>have a fixed picture on the screen during the FF
>or RW whereas packets are sent on the networkŠ

It's not 'normal'; however, other people have
experienced the same thing - for some (but not
all) TS files.  The problem seems to be that the
Amino STB is not properly handling the increased
network bandwidth used by 'fast forward' or
'reverse play' streams.

At some point, I'll see if I can do anything to
reduce the bitrate of these streams; that may end
up alleviating the problem.