[Live-devel] RTSP server application start time parameter

ronan at ronanfoucher.fr ronan at ronanfoucher.fr
Mon Oct 29 09:23:52 PDT 2007

Hi,
I would like to develop a VOD application using your libraries in order to share some videos on a DSL Network.

For the moment, using your testprogs, I'm able to make it works, but I need some help for different things.
So, of course I would like to thank you for sharing this librarie, and hope you will be able to answer if it's possible to :

-With only one MPEG2TS file using the testOnDemandRTSPserver :
	Is it possible to define some "chapter" in one film in order to separate the film by using the time as begining for each part.
	ie. I have one film (running time 2hours), I would like to split it in 4 rtsp chapter of 30minutes without creating 4 different TS files.
	For one film I will have 4 rtsp URL that I can call one by one to have the complete film.
	    (I think I have to use MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession but I'm not sure about what to do really…)

-With aminet 110 STB using trickplay, when i try the fast forward or reverse play, well it works… but I would like to know if it is "normal" to have a fixed picture on the screen during the FF or RW whereas packets are sent on the network… (I thinks that the problem come from the STB but If you any idea, why ;-), any maybe a way to settle this matter…

That's all for the moment.

Thanks again for your help ;)

Best Regards

Ronan